There is something that has become very popular in helping people find necessary information about other people, especially in recent days: reverse phone lookups. If you are not familiar with just what this is and what it can do for you, here are some of the most frequently asked questions about it:
What is a reverse phone lookup?
Reverse phone lookup is a tool which is available for use on the Internet to enable people to find information about the person associated with a particular phone number.
How does it work?
You simply put the phone number you want information about into a good search engine, such as Google or Yahoo, and press "search." Then you will be given options for websites that will show you options for different types of information.
Does it cost anything?
The initial service is free, with some information offered at no charge. The more personal and detailed information you may be looking for may require a fee.
What kind of information can I find when I use reverse phone lookup?
You can find a lot of information about the owner of the phone number you are looking up, including:
- Schools and universities attended
- Marital status
- Family members' names
- Date of birth
- Criminal record
What are some common reasons to use reverse phone lookup?
- You are updating your address book and want to make sure the phone numbers are still current. Looking up the number will tell you if the person still owns it or not.
- Your kids want to stay at a friend's house, and you only have a first name and phone number. You can look up the phone number to get the family's last name and address, as well as more personal information which can help you decide if that is a good place for your child to stay.
- You found a slip of paper with a phone number on it, but no name. You can't remember whose number it is. You can find out by looking up the number.
- You have been receiving prank phone calls and want to know the identity of the caller.
- You keep getting calls from what appears to be a telemarketer and want to know if it is or not.
- Your teen is talking a lot to someone on the phone and being very sneaky and secretive about it. You can find the identity of the number owner by looking it up with reverse phone lookup.
- You forgot the last name of a new friend, but have their number. You can save being embarrassed by looking it up.
Who can use reverse phone lookup?
Anyone who has a computer, internet service, and a phone number to look up. There are no age requirements, no restrictions on identity, and no initial fee. Anyone can use this service and find the most basic information regarding the phone number with which they are concerned.